Tuesday, January 11, 2011

UPDATE: Issues with the EX-mode of EX-Death and what's next.

I thought that EX mode of Exdeath was a simple palette swap, however to my chagrin it is not that simple.  I'm not sure if it's just me, but the textures don't line up the same therefore it is not applied in the correct manner.
The pink line is to be used as a reference.  On the left hand side you can see I'm pointing to the tip of one of his shoulder horns, however, on the other side, it would appear that his shoulder horn is a little bit below the line.  Even more obvious is the position for the fingers.  This would require a little bit more work  to come up with the EX-mode.  I think i'd have to try re-extracting the files, or just shifting the textures in sketchup.
As you can see, the textures are all wrong, the finger texture is on his boots, and while part of some of the chest and stomach texture is correct, the rest is all off.  I thought that Exdeath would be easy...Needless to say it has been one long learning experience, starting in October or so I believe.  I may or may not work on this guy for a while.  I'll check out whether or not if I open the SMD file and apply a texture makes any difference.  However that requires a whole new pose and new layout, while I would love to see him done, at the same time there other models I want to get to pose and layout first.  So I'm putting his Ex-Mode on hold for the future.  But fear not, as my convoluted instructions are nearing their finish, the sun is out today and I should be taking pictures soon enough.  the time of release is coming soon.

I haven't decided which model to build next, I have Golbez pretty much layed out correctly, he's ready to be build, I just need to look over the PDO again to make sure I added tabs in the correct places to build him.  Also I was reconsidering how I set up his model.  I have his body separated from his cape/shoulder pads. Which basically means that the last step in the build will be to glue the shoulder pads/cape onto his shoulders.  Which is fine, I guess, but I would much rather like to connect them directly for stability and alignment purposes.  I'll have to mull it over and see how it goes, before I start building him.  

Not that I have released a single build yet, but the forthcoming models will take longer, I'll be doing papercraft whenever I get the chance, but as I have been told by Kaizo, it's all about pacing yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment